Saturday, March 14, 2009

As March begins and my time here draws to a close, my heart is hit with a conflict. On one hand I am thankful for all of the amazing things that I have experienced and the memories that I have made, and am looking forward to the rest of my time here and the things that it will hold. On the other, I am hit with the realization that my time here is running out with that comes a sense of urgency to make a difference and bless the kids at Talita Cumi and the people that I am working with.

Right now my work mostly consists of helping with homework and going to the park. The kids are amazing but they lack confidence in who they are and what they can do, so I am hoping that by playing sports and giving them something at which they can succeed will build confidence in their lives and help them tackle other things. As well, it gets them more active and helps to burn some of the energy that they have. So I am thinking of ways to expand the things that we do at the park. I have quite a few ideas I just have to see if I can find the things I need, in order to do them.

Three new girls Sonja, Miriam and Katrina have just joined us from one of the tribes out it the jungle the Yuqi. They speak both Spanish and Yuqi. They came to us because their family situations are not pleasant or their family can’t provide for them. They are sweet girls. The last few days have been really challenging for them as they get used to living in the city of Santa Cruz, and the modern living conditions that go with that verses living in the jungle with nothing modern, in sight. They are learning fast and fitting in wonderfully. I am looking forward to getting to know these girls over the next two months.

2 Timothy 4:7-8
I have made a good fight, I have come to the end of my journey, I have kept the faith:

From now on, the crown of righteousness is made ready for me, which the Lord, the upright judge, Will give to me at that day: and not only to me, but to all those who have had love for his revelation.

For the daily happenings of my time here in Bolivia, please check out my Blog at lauraslifeadventures.blogspot.com

For the glory of God

Laura

No comments: