Saturday, March 14, 2009

February 23- March 14

Ok so its been like 3 weeks since I have updated this my Blog. Sorry for that. But I will try and fill you in on what’s been going on.

The rest of the week after carnival went really well.
Friday we had the EFCCM pot luck, I brought sliced potatoes which we deep fried with Erna’s deep fryer, and they were good fries. On the weekend I went out to Pilone where the Trans World Radio (Radio Trans Mundial.) is, along with the woman’s shelter and the multipurpose building. We went to a German speaking church at one of the colonies. I understood nothing but it was still very interesting and good to experience. Over all it was a relaxing weekend. I took lots of pictures.

Over the course of the last three weeks we have also gotten some new additions to Talita Cumi.

One of our new additions is Naomi she is almost four. She has taken to me and occasionally calls me mom. She is cute. I have started teaching her the alphabet and numbers. She is learning fast.

The other Three Sonja Miriam and Katrina are from the Yuqui village out in the jungle. They are finding it a bit hard to adjust but they are amazing girls.

Last week Monday the 2nd was good I spent the morning with the four new girls Naomi Sonja, Miriam and Katrina. we played with my pink baseballs and a soccer ball we had fun. In the afternoon I went shopping with Heidi and bought fabric for a dress that I am having made. I bought some beads for the girls as well.

The rest of the week went well. on Friday the 6th we played fruit soup in the morning it was so much fun. I had to remember all sorts of fruit names it was kind of hard but we had so much fun.

Saturday was a “para” a stop day where you’re supposed to clean your house and make sure that you don’t have any thing contributing to the dengue epidemic. Our house was marked dengue free. But because it was a stop day I did not go out.

Sunday was Jackie’s Birthday so the beams had us and some other friends over for a birthday lunch for her.
Sunday night I started house sitting for some friends, which has been fun and they live close to where I work so I can walk to and from work. Which is a good thing, I need the exercise.

Wednesday the 11. Jackie had a surprise birthday party for me it was so much fun it was themed strawberry short cake. I love strawberries and I love the strawberry shortcake girl. I got to ware a hat and there were surprise bags. And it was just so much fun, it was my first ever surprise party. I feel so spoiled and cherished.

My actual birthday was not the best day, but it was still good. I ended up sick just before noon but the morning and the evening were both good.

Friday at the home they sung happy birthday to me and one of the boys Cesar whose birthday was on Friday, they encouraged us and affirmed us and prayed for us. we had cup cakes that Heidi made that were dairy free. It was so cool to experience.

To day I am just talking it easy and catching up on things that have been undone for a while.

I do have a few prayer requests that I want to share with you.

1- pray for Naomi
2- pray for all of the kids of Talita Cumi.
3- pray that I will stay focused as my time here comes to a close.
4- Pray for safety as I travel to visit some of our other missionaries
5- Pray that God will continue to use me wherever I am.


Blessings on all of you and thank you for your prayers they are greatly appreciated.

No comments: