Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Saturday was youth and we had lots of fun we played games with my pink baseballs the games were so fun we played the chin passing game and the under over game but here they play it a little different when the ball gets to the back of the line the person then has to go over and under all the people in front of them to the front of the line and then start the ball again it was so much fun. I think that I will be attending this youth group regularly. Church was good as well the pastor Andy Pardington talked about how God is a global God (Isaiah 44:24 – 45:25 the three points of his message were 1 the start point of missions is always God. 2 his purpose should be out purpose and 3 his concern should be out concern.

Here are three things the help us share the gospel
- God has the authority to achieve his goals
- His purpose, he redeems his people
- His concern, he calls all people.

After church we went to lunch with the Friesens and the Beams and the whole McCaig house hold we went to a Mexican restaurant the food was good but I had to be really picky. We tried to go see “Marley and Me” on Sunday night, but it was sold out so we bought movies instead, and we watched “Mr Magouriums Wonder Emporium” at home, it was fun.


Here is a poem I wrote, hope you like it

With Out

With out love, I am nothing
With out passion, I do not truly live
With out trust, I can not achieve my purpose
With out Christ in my life
I am empty and dead and these things
Love, Passion, Trust matter not



Monday at work I was pleasantly surprised they had just gotten new books from some one that had once helped out at the home, the books are all in Spanish but they are new and the kids have not yet seen them. And it is my privilege to read them with the girls one on one, it is such a blessing to show the girls love in this way. In the afternoons I still go to the cancha with all the kids that want to both the boys and the girls it is so much fun. On Tuesday we went to the home of this amazing couple and went swimming in there pool all the kids and some of the staff went it was a good day had by all, they served us lunch as well it was some amazing food there was stake and sausage and rice and all was cooked to perfection so delicious. The couple even gave all of the kids and the staff presents the younger girls got Barbie dolls and the younger boys god bow and arrow Nerf like sets and the older kids and the staff got bags with there company logo on it. (My bag is green and black) We all had a wonderful day, I got sunburnt but hopefully I won’t peel to bad. Monday night Tuesday morning I got a sore throat and this morning (Wednesday) I could hardly talk without my voice dropping half way through what I was saying so I have taken the day off to try and get better before it gets worse and I lose my voice completely so I slept most of the morning hand have doubled up on some of my vitamins like my C and garlic and Echinacea and my greens I hopes that I can kill this thing before it gets the best of me. Right now I am drinking hot tea to try and sooth my throat and try and kill the bacteria.


Though I am so far away from every one I am not as lonely as one should think. I have talked to both of my parents and unlike when I was in Argentina for school, phoning them dose not result in a sob fest, instead I glow with smiles and feel like every thing is all right. If any of you would like to try and Skype me, my Skype thing is Laura.Suzanne1 I am going to try and do internet stuff on Saturdays so if you want you can see if you can get me on a Saturday though I would ask that you do not try and call me after 5:30pm because I will be on with my parents but any time that I am on before 5:30pm your time you can try me. I am three hours ahead of you guys in Alberta so do try and take that in to consideration when you decide you would like to chat with me. But I am totally up for hearing from all of you. I hope this week has been a good one for you. Blessings to all.

No comments: