Monday, January 19, 2009

Thursday I felt better and went to work it was a good day they had a meeting and I had all of the boys to watch over we watched a movie. Some of the boys were really well behaved but some of them were not but the oldest boy Alex he is 17 or 18 he helped me with the rest of the boys so that was good. Friday I tried to read to the girls but it ended in cough in fits. We also made pizza the older girls at the home have a pizza business, so with the help of a missionary lady Erna Friesen we revamped there pizzas. She is an amazing lady and a good cook by what I hear, so I helped translate a bit for her she knows some Spanish but her ministry is in German. So that was fun, I got the girls to make me one with out cheese it was very good.

On Saturday morning we went to the Ferria a huge permanent market that has like 6 big buildings a little bigger in size than the prairie pavilion at the westerner park. We only made it through like half of one of the buildings.

On Saturday after noon I had a meeting with the teachers that I am moving in with, to see if it would work out to live to together and they said that yes it would.

I tried to go to church on Sunday but with miscommunication with the taxi I did not end up going. We tried to go to a movie but it was in Spanish and we did not think that we wanted to tackle that so we went to the main plaza and walked around and went up the bell tower in the cathedral it was fun but the stairs were spiralled and tiny so I was dizzy by the time I got to the top which made looking out over the city hard to enjoy because I was dizzy. We then went and looked at the market booths that were set up in the plaza. Then we went to the cultural building and looked at the paintings and stuff then we went for lunch at Alexander’s Coffee. Then we went to a grocery store and got bedding for my new place, and I will probably go grocery shopping tonight or tomorrow depending when I move.

Over the weekend my cold has gotten worse so last night I picked up some cough syrup and it kind of seems to be doing some thing so hope fully by the end of this week I will be better. to day is Monday and I have taken the day off to pack my things and rest some.

I hope to get into more of a routine ounce I move, there are lots of things that I want to accomplish in my own personal life while I am here and a routine will help me with that.

I hope all of you are doing good and enjoying my Blog please let me know if you are following my Blog so that I will be motivated to keep it up to date. And pleas feel free to tell you friends about me and that things that I am doing, spread as much excitement as you can, its all for the glory of God.

Love you all and remember a little time with God is better than nothing

No comments: