Saturday, January 10, 2009

Well I have been here almost a week and it has been fun, exciting and emotional. I haven’t exactly cried yet but I have come close many times. I started work to day it was good full of things. in the morning I tutored one of the younger boys. Then I helped paint one of the amazing works of art that they do to help supplement there funds. Some are scarves others are shirts and other things, it was so much fun. The art work that they do is all for sale, and they do custom art as well. We had lunch together and after I helped finish the paintings. while the older kids were having English class, then we went to the cancha (soccer field) and played games with my pink baseballs it was fun I tried to teach them a new game but they didn’t get the concept of it and it was hard to explain in Spanish. we were at the park till 5ish then we got back to the home and I got a taxi back to Jackie’s place. Even though emotions ran high every thing went really well and it was a good first day at my work. The next day was really good I took the kids to the cancha by myself their was eight of them and me. It went really well the next two days were rained out and Friday I had most of the kids especially the younger boys while the other staff was is a meeting with a psychologist on how to discipline the kids with out being physical, at work I usually end up with the kids hanging all over me its exhausting but well worth it all I can hope is that they feel loved. And now it’s the week end and I don’t have to work. On Thursday we went and saw Yes man, at the cine center it was so funny it was in English with Spanish subtitles so it was really interesting because our row of five would get the joke before the rest of the crowd and then they would laugh seconds latter so it was like delayed reaction but not really because that was how long it took them to read the joke. Any ways I am doing really well so far it has been a very good adventure, though the food keeps trying to kill me.

If any of you want more info about the art at Talita Cumi let me know and I will get you the info

No comments: