Sunday, February 15, 2009

Feb 9-15 2009

Monday was my first day back at work, it was a slow day the kids were all in school for the morning but I did not know this when I went or what time they would be getting home from school so I spent the morning reading a book and just relaxing which was nice as I was still getting over being sick with bronchitis. The kids came home just before lunch we read books for a bit had lunch and then I helped them with home work it was raining so we could not go to the park.

Tuesday was such a good day it started with hitting the snooze button on my alarm clock then time spent with God then breakfast and getting ready for work, then the taxi ride to work was, let’s just say comical. All the kids have school in the morning except the directors son so I watched transformers with him and talked English (as to his mothers request) then I read a book and met a really cool guy his name is Andy he’s from Minnesota. Then the kids all came home and we had lunch, after lunch we did home work and read books then we went to the park just as we got there it started to rain and the girls decided to play in the rain and get soaked the boys met us at the park so all the kids got soaked together it was so much fun watching them play and wipe out in the rain oh and I met yet another boy a friend of Tony the guy I work with that’s form Manitoba. His friend is from Paraguay I can’t remember or pronounce his name. There is no special reason why this was such a good day besides the fact that I invited God to hang out with me, and God answers prays.

Wednesday I spent the morning with Lucas the director’s son. We watched Stewart little and then played and coloured along with Tia Heidi and we talked English it was fun. The kids got home in time for lunch. After lunch we did homework, the girls had a lot of home work and it took us till, my home time to complete it. The kids are so smart the math that they can do is incredible, I happen to dislike math and have never been good at it, so the complexity of the math problems that they can do astounds me.

Thursday was really rainy, so the kids did not go to school, so we did homework all morning, and some of the afternoon. The rain cleared up in the afternoon so we went to the park and had a lot of fun.

Friday the honour roll students at the Santa Cruz Cooperative high school had all the kids and some of the staff from Talita Cumi over for an afternoon of games and Pizza. It was so much fun the kids had a blast, and for participation each of the kids got a bag of candy, and the wining team got a basketball and volleyball. There was so much Pizza that the kids got to eat as much as they wanted. It was amazing to have high school students put on an event for the kids at the home. You could defiantly feel the energy, and enthusiasm that everyone had not just the kids but the students as well. It was defiantly a cool way to bless the kids of Talita Cumi.,

Saturday, I just relaxed, went shopping and made cookies. And talked to people on MSN, Facebook and such stuff and I got this really cute and hilarious Valentines Day e-card, from one of the boys that worked at camp silversides with.

Today I went to church and then to the Beams for lunch we had salteƱas they were good I had a fun time at lunch. It was nice to be asked over especially because I don’t know that many people. I also got invited to go to the parade at carnival I’m not sure if I will go though. I am still thinking about it. It could be fun. After lunch I came home and chated with friends over the internet. And Skype my parents and my uncle Gary, we had some good talks. And now I think I am going to get ready for bed and maybe watch a movie.

I hope all of you amazing people back home are doing well and that God is present in your lives in a big way. Blessings on you all, may Gods love abound in your life.

No comments: