Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well this has been a long hot week. Jan 26 - Feb 1

Almost everyday this week I have been to the park with the girls. We played soccer and climbed trees. Most of the days we played soccer with kids from the neighbourhood this was very fun, some of the girls are really good.

This week and sadly only this week, we had two volunteers from Texas. These girls were really nice and were a blessing at Talita Cumi, the home where I work. We spent one of the evenings at my house in the pool, that was a very hot day and the pool was relaxing for all, I was thrilled to have had them over.

I am doing better with my Spanish. I’m getting more comfortable using it, which is always a good thing.

I am getting a pretty nice tan. People keep commenting that I am getting darker, which is ok considering that I live in a hot sunny country.

I have not been sleeping very well lately, but I did get new pillows which seem to be helping out some, but it is defiantly hard to sleep in the heat I hope to buy a fan this week.

I am still getting over my cold, and yesterday was sick from my allergies and am still recovering this fine Sunday. Though right now my whole body is sore from being sick with my allergies and getting comfortable is a hard thing to do. Though I did manage to nap in the hammock for a few hours yesterday

I went to church this morning, though all through the serves I was thinking that I should have just stayed home, but I am glad that I went the sermon was very good. After church we (like 16 of us) went out for lunch. We had Chinese it was good but I did not eat that much, at least not nearly as much as I normally eat at Chinese restaurants.

To day I am just taking it easy and recovering, I may walk across the street and buy some movies but I have not decided for sure if I will. Though I would like to get a few more Disney classics to watch is Spanish.


Well that is how my week went I hope yours was just as exciting and full of God working in your life. May you all be richly blessed as you go about his work. thank you all for praying for me it is truly a blessing.

No comments: